Saturday, September 27, 2008

Weekly Carnival Blog: The Colors I Choose


Blog Carnival archive - etsybloggers













It is really difficult to choose a favorite color I work with. As a jewelry designer using primarily Swarovski Crystals, I always find such beautiful colors in the crystals, at times it is difficult to choose one particular item. I may go in search of a particular color in mind and see another that completely changes my as I am looking through them a thought comes into my head of what creation will come out of it.
But the question was, what color predominates in my work; well, I would probably have to choose those that are my favorite colors - pinks, purples (all variations ) and reds (garnet, siam, ruby).
I have taken one of each to show a variation of my preferences. Like I said earlier also, I usually have no idea what I am going to start out with, I just leave it up to whatever is in my head at that moment.
Most recently, I was nominated into the "Brillante Blogger - Primo Award" by Sassylynne. It is always a nice feeling when chosen; but this particular Award was even more fun when I had to pass it on to 7 other Etsy bloggers, that I felt were deserving of this Award. I was also nominated for the "Best Charity Award for 2008" based on an article I wrote on my blog on May 7, 2008, called "American Hero" based on the death of a young Marine, who is an inspiration to us all. At the top of my blog you will see the block for that Award, if you click that on it will take you to the article, where you can also vote! As for other awards, every time I am chosen by one of my peers to be in their Treasury, to me that is one of the greatest Awards.


4 Comments - Show Original Post
Collapse comments


agoodwitchtoo said...
I can imagine that it would be hard to choose a favorite color when you work with those lovely Swarvoski Crystals! Beautiful pieces, Magdalene :)

September 15, 2008 9:25 AM


Myfanwy said...
Your choice of colour is lovely, and believe me, I know how difficult it is to decide which colour is best...

September 15, 2008 10:43 AM


Yazmin said...
You know, I have to say that reds in Swarovski crystals don't always call my attention. However, I had to buy some earlier this year for some custom bridal jewelry and the Coral Reds I bought were just fantastic! Have you seen those?

September 17, 2008 7:40 AM


roseworksjewelry said...
I love using swarvoski too! I wish I could afford more of it...

September 18, 2008 11:29 AM

No comments: