Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Carnival: Spring Cometh Forth


Blog Carnival archive - etsybloggers

"O, how this spring of love resembleth

The uncertain glory of an April day;

Which now shows all the beauty of the sun,

And by and by a cloud takes all away." ...Hamlet

As I walk down the brick steps of my house, I jump over the remaining remnants of winter’s fury. Although Spring is just 2 weeks away, last night we were besieged with another blast of Winter’s folly. As I am reaching the end of our walkway, out of the corner of my eye, I spy what I have been looking for. There quietly peeking its little head up from the softly fallen snow, are little flecks of purple. The first sign of Spring, a crocus flower bravely pushing its way through the cold ground and snow. Ever since I have been a small child, this routine is played out year after year. For forty years, that first crocus has appeared in the same spot miraculously.
As the robins start to chirp, the buds adorning the branches, and the days seem a little longer, a whole new feeling begins to emerge. Spring signifies a new beginning, an awakening, life. So as the Sun is beginning to warm the days, my walks are not as brisk; but I take the time to to look around and enjoy what God and Mother Nature has given us. Life to begin anew, birds merrily chirping their joyous songs as they build their nests to await the birth of their new little ones, and I look for that crocus that has grown with me and within me, to step outside of our closed up houses, and into the beauty of that fresh air that comes along with Spring’s awakening.

8 comments:

On a Whimsey said...

A lovely post! Yes, Spring is arriving with the new awakening.

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

Beautiful post :)

maryeb said...

Lovely photo of crocus!! Wonderful post.

Memories for Life said...

I love seeing the first flower start to pop up from the brown earth! True beauty!

Beth said...

Nothing like the first bloom. Great post.

Chauncey said...

Lovely MJ! Here's to spring!

TiLT said...

Beautiful post! I am SO ready for spring. Come on out Robins!!

Vanessa said...

Spring has Sprung! Beautiful post.